Hotel Operations Specialist
Tourico Holidays is currently looking for a Hotel Operations Specialist to work in our office in Toronto. This position will be responsible for providing full service for operational hotel contracts, support to the Regional VP, and Regional Product Purchasing Managers.
- Ability to utilize and maintain our in-house database
- Ensure effective working relationships with the Product purchasing team
- Ongoing Education (Extranet, Payment Templates)
- Checking Contracts & Promotions for accuracy
- Research, identify and promote the Tourico ‘add-on’ to hotel partners in every negotiation
- Demonstrate abilities to initiate, maintain, and strengthen relationships with the suppliers. We seek an individual who can both initiate and grow a business relationship; ultimately, building comprehensive supplier loyalty to our company through the supplier’s understanding of our distribution network and technology abilities.
- Assertive, result-oriented individual. Self-motivated, driven, and willing to work on their own within a sizeable geographic territory to identify opportunities to upsell products
- Demonstrates the ability to manage relationships with employees and senior management.
- Ensure accurate and diligent Quality Assurance process of all new hotel product pricing, allotment, and availability, as well as general QA of destinations, ranking, photos, maps, etc.
- Have a thorough understanding of Tourico Holidays and its parent company, Travel Holdings, business model, and the company’s product
- Assist in maintenance of hotel cards (Attributes, Promos, contract creation, chain processing, Not including Rate shops, PAR).
- Bridge gaps in loading Promos, rate reductions, etc.
- Escalation point for ResAdmin & Accounts Payable
- Inventory/Allocation requests via email and the telephone
- Perform duties in accordance with the current standards, as deemed necessary by the Operation VP and Regional Product VP, to meet department and company objectives
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills
- Travel industry experience is a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Sound judgment
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously and in a timely manner
- Intermediate computer skills, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel as well as the ability to grasp the various technology solutions Tourico Holidays offers
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrate ability to interact professionally with all levels of personnel
- Demonstrate ability to develop and manage internal and external relationships
About the Company:
Tourico Holidays is the world’s fastest-growing travel distribution company. Since 1994, our valued partners in the travel industry have helped us “Connect Dreams to Destinations” across the globe. With over 800 employees stationed at 30+ offices around the world, we are able to not only support the demand of 6,000 clients in over 100 countries, but also provide enticing travel products in order to convince the unconvinced to travel, and travel more.
The company offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees and eligible dependents including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. A matching tax-deferred 401(k) plan is also available. Employees receive paid time off, plus nine company holidays and a floating holiday. Access to travel discounts is offered as an employee benefit.
http://TH Network Channel on YouTube: http://bit.ly/1UlZ81N