Hotel Operations Specialist
Tourico Holidays is currently looking for a Hotel Operations Specialist to work in our office in Berlin, Germany. This position will be responsible for providing full service for operational hotel contracts, support to the Regional VP and Regional Product purchasing Managers.
Essential Functions: The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to utilize and maintain our in-house database
- Ensure effective working relationships with the Product purchasing team
- Ongoing Education (Extranet, Payment Templates)
- Checking Contracts & Promotions for accuracy
- Research, identify and promote the Tourico ‘add-on’ to hotel partners in every negotiation
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, maintain and strengthen relationships with supplier. We seek an individual who can both initiate and grow a business relationship; ultimately building comprehensive supplier loyalty to our company, through the supplier’s understanding of our distribution network and technology abilities.
- Assertive, results oriented individual. Self-motivated and driven and willing to work on their own within a sizeable geographic territory to identify opportunities to upsell products
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with employees and senior management.
- Ensure accurate and diligent QA process of all new hotel product pricing, allotment and availability, as well as general QA of destinations, ranking, photos, maps etc.
- Have a thorough understanding of Tourico Holidays and its parent company, Travel Holdings, business model; and the company’s product
- Assist in maintenance of hotel cards (Attributes, Promos, contract creation, chain processing, Not including Rate shops, PAR).
- Bridge gaps in loading Promos, rate reductions, etc.
- Escalation point for ResAdmin & Accounts Payable
- Inventory/Allocation requests via email and telephone
- Perform duties in accordance with the current standards as deemed necessary by the Operation VP and Regional Product VP to meet department and company objectives
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills
- Travel industry experience a plus
- Must speak fluent English and at least one additional language preferred, Russian, Czech, Greek, Polish or German. (Read & Write)
- Strong organizational skills
- Sound judgment
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously and in a timely manner
- Intermediate computer skills, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel as well as the ability to grasp the various technology solutions Tourico Holidays offers
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with all levels of personnel
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage internal and external relationships
About the Company:
Tourico Holidays, a Travel Holdings, Inc. company, is the world’s fastest growing travel Distribution Company; brokering global inventory to global clients. Our goal is to become the largest worldwide wholesaler of hotels, activities, car rentals, vacation homes, flights, cruises and transfers.
Founded in 1994 by Uri Argov in Sanford, Florida, Tourico Holidays has grown to 26 locations with over 450 employees providing service in 13 languages.